Tweens – grades 4,5,6
Hey Tweens – when you come to DPC – in person or online – you’re met with a bunch of great people, great friends, and great opportunities to learn, serve, and have FUN!
Parents! Click the button below for a printable at-a-glance rundown of all the Fall programs for Children, Tweens, and Teens!
Club 456 is starting again! Here’s how everything will work:
- REGISTRATION: All children can be registered online here! Any new attendees/visiting friends, if unable to register online, will be provided with a paper form that should be filled out by the parents/guardian on the first night they attend.
- DROP-OFF: Drop-off will be under the Mechanics Street Bridge, sanctuary-side door at 5:30pm. Parents may stay in their vehicles, but must wait long enough for their child to pass a temperature check at the door. All children must also wear masks indoors – if they don’t have one, the church will provide one.
- BELL CHOIR: Children who are already at church for bell choir will be escorted by a DPC volunteer from the choir area to Celtic Cross room for dinner at the conclusion of bells.
- MEALS: Dinner will be served weekly for a fee of $5, collected each night. Kids can also bring their own meals if they wish. Any food allergies or needs should be included in your child’s registration and we will do our best to accommodate. We will eat in the Celtic Cross Room, then move as a group to the Youth Room and Gym. Parents are asked to sign up in rotation to volunteer an occasional evening to help out serving the food to the kids – no prep necessary. Meals will be along the lines of pizza, sandwiches, pasta bakes, etc.
- MEAL RULES FOR KIDS:
- Wash hands before and after meals
- Masks on before and after meals
- Sit 3-6 feet apart when eating
- Clean up after yourself – all trash thrown out, spills wiped up, and items put away.
- Each table must be wiped down with a wet and soapy dishcloth – take turns with your table-mates!
5. PICK-UP: Pick up will be at 7:15pm in the driveway loop behind the gym – pull up, let the volunteer know who you’re there for, and they will send your kiddo out to you.
Club 456 is a youth group for kids in 4th, 5th and 6th grade where we play fun games, learn about God, and do cool activities. We meet weekly from September to May and cover a variety of topics that matter most to our tweens. At Club 456, we emphasize food, fun, friendship and faith – and we’d LOVE to have you join us!
This fall, Wednesdays at Club 456 are about ADVENTURE!
Journey with us to the land of Narnia, where we’ll travel together through an amazing world of magic and wonder to learn more about our own! By traveling through the wardrobe, we’ll be exploring, fighting, growing, and gaining the virtues of wisdom, love, integrity, fortitude, self-control, and justice. What an awesome way to learn and grow!
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS Grades 4, 5, & 6 (starts Wednesday, September 15th)
- Dinner – 5:30-6:00pm – bring your own, or get pizza with us!
- Club 456 – 6:00-7:15pm
SUNDAY MORNINGS Grades 5 & 6 (starts Sunday, September 26th)
- Connect! – 9:00-9:20am
- Worship – 9:30am
Connect! on Sunday mornings with us as we learn about God, friendship, and giving! In our lessons, friends get together to talk about things like honesty, perseverance, and self-control, in wacky, unpredictable, and off the wall ways!
See some of the past fun we’ve have in THIS VIDEO! And then get ready – because we want you to be in the next one!
Feel free to reach out with any questions! firstname.lastname@example.org. Children and Tween (grades 4, 5, and 6) gatherings held indoors will remain masked. During outdoor gatherings, masks are optional/at personal comfort.
Be well and blessed,
– Carrie Biermann, Interim Director of Tweens and Teens
DPC In Action
October 20, 2021