CTA visual art displays: How to submit artwork
We encourage submissions from all levels of experience – from beginner to professional. All shows (except for the Fiber Art display) will feature art of any medium as long it can be hung on a wall. This may include paintings, drawings, photographs, wood carvings, prints, etc.
1. Works should be submitted to the church office during office hours (Mondays through Fridays, 9 am – 5 pm). If you are unable to drop off during those times, please contact Director of Music and the Arts Jason Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time when he can meet you. The deadline is noon on the first day of each display.
2. Works should be picked up within 1 week of the close of each display.
3. Submissions should be “ready to hang.” Paintings should be framed and ready to hang with a wire hanger. Quilters and other fiber artists should consider method of hanging and make sure pieces are easily hung. Children’s art displays need to be mounted on a white mat. Framed submissions are acceptable for children’s art showcase.
4. All submissions MUST include:
- Artist name, phone number and email address
- The title and medium of the work
- The size of the work if applicable
- If the work is for sale, the price of the work clearly listed
- If the work is not for sale please indicate “work not for sale”
5. Artists are limited to 2 pieces per show.
DPC In Action
September 1, 2022